Skip to content
- Looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Functional and Quantum Materials. The successful candidate will work on the design and discovery of new materials, the characterization of structural, magnetic, transport, thermodynamic, and optical properties, and the understanding of the structure-property relationships of materials. Experience with Density Functional Theory (Wien2k, VASP, LMTO) is favorable. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in solid-state chemistry or in condensed matter physics. We look forward to receiving applications from self-motivated candidates, who are interested in further improving their skills and advancing their knowledge. Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written) are required. Please send your application through email as a single pdf file, including (i) a cover letter sharing your motivation for this position, and (ii) a comprehensive CV including publications and presentations, and (iii) three references, to:
Prof. Thao T. Tran
Department of Chemistry
Clemson, SC 29634-0973, USA
- Always looking for self-motivated and talented graduate and undergraduate students, who are interested in further improving their skills and advancing their knowledge.
News and Awards
- Emmanuel joined the team. Welcome, Emmanuel!
- Ebube’s first paper has been accepted in Chem. Mater. Keep up the great work, Ebube! We thank our wonderful collaborators from Gdansk University of Technology, Pedagogical University- Institute of Physics, and Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Ebube has been awarded the best oral speaker at the 2021 Spring MRS meeting, Symposium CT04—Predictive Synthesis and Decisive Characterization of Emerging Quantum Materials. Congratulations, Ebube!
- Dasuni joined the team. Welcome aboard!
- Ebube presents at the 2021 Spring ACS and MRS Meetings.
- Tran gives an invited seminar at Duquesne University. Thanks, Jen, for the kind invitation!
- Tran gives an invited Capstone seminar. Thanks, Tania, for the kind invitation!
- Tran has been awarded the 2021 Clemson University Support for Early Exploration and Development (CU SEED) Grant. Thanks, CU, for the continued support!
- Erich joined the team. Welcome aboard!
- Tran gives an invited lecture remotely at University of Gdansk, Poland. Thanks, Michal, for the kind invitation!
- Ebube has been awarded the 2021 Spring Mandel Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Updated publications!
- Annika and Wyatt joined the team. Welcome!
- Xudong joined the team. Welcome, Xudong!
- Ebube has been awarded the COSSAB GIAR grant for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Ebube joined the team. Welcome, Ebube!
- Tran presents a talk at NASSCC 2019, Golden CO.
- We start our journey at CU.