News and Events
Catalyst Competition Virtual Workshops
Ideation and Team Formation
- Oct. 26, 6-7 p.m. via Zoom
- Facilitators: John Hannon, John Lawhead and Jack Carson
Gain a better understanding of resource identification, market size, product quality, costs, affordability and how to build a team.
- Nov. 16, 6-7 p.m. via Zoom
Learn more about setting project objectives and identifying common challenges. Address questions about target audience, user experience, and the creative and technical aspects of your product.
Finance and Intellectual Property
- Jan. 18, 6-7 p.m. via Zoom
Learn to identify the potential revenue and value of your product and better understand startup fundraising and the importance of intellectual property and the patent process.
Pitching and Presentation Skills
- Feb. 15, 6-7 p.m. via Zoom
Learn how to create and deliver an effective business presentation in preparation for the pitch competition.
Spiro Entrepreneurial Opportunities
Catalyst in the News
Read about the 2021–22 Catalyst Competition on ClemsonNews:
- Genetics student wins Catalyst Competition for his idea to turn genes into original art
- College of Science Catalyst Competition will be held March 16
- Panelists offer advice to budding entrepreneurs at College of Science’s Catalyst Competition kickoff
- College of Science launches Catalyst Competition, a new entrepreneurship challenge
Jack Carson won $2,500 after his product, geneTunes, took first place in the College of Science 2021–22 Catalyst Competition.
For further information please contact us.