What’s Your Idea?
Your idea must be student-initiated and directed. It cannot have been initiated, developed or supported (past or present) by faculty grant funding. Your idea should be related to science. Any marketable idea will be considered.
Protection of intellectual property generated by the student teams is the responsibility of the students. Advisers of the program will work with the students on best practices of disclosure and confidentiality.
General Competition Guidelines
If you are thinking about participating in the College of Science Catalyst Competition, please read the following guidelines:
- Applications for the College of Science Catalyst Competition program will remain confidential and will not constitute a disclosure.
- Open to individuals or teams of up to five students.
- At least half of the students on each team must be in a College of Science undergraduate major. Graduate students are eligible to participate as part of a team.
- The focus of the project must be related in some way to a College of Science major.
- Each team will be given seed funding to develop their projects. The amount of seed money available will depend on the number of eligible teams.
- Three teams will win prize money to continue project development.
- First place: $2,500
- Second place: $1,000
- Third place: $500
For further information please contact us.