If you can’t come to Clemson, the Clemson University Science Outreach Center labs can come to you. After reviewing the information below, please contact us to discuss your needs.
Review laboratory descriptions. The labs that best translate to classroom settings are Fun with Mutants and a modified version of our DNA Fingerprinting/Crime Scene. These labs can be completed in 75-90 minutes.
Schools must provide a room with:
- A sufficient number of tables or lab benches for the number of students.
- Easy access to a refrigerator and freezer.
- A sink with running water.
Instructor will also need:
- Access to the space at least one hour ahead of lab time for set up.
- Access to the space at least one hour after to break down.
- Assistance loading and unloading car before and after lab.
Costs for lab include:
- Regular Lab Fees and Payment. (Link to page that has all information about fees/payment}
- $200 set up and breakdown fee.
- Travel costs (per diem, mileage, hotel if overnight stay required) for SOC representative.
» Pay online now
If you are unable to pay by credit card, we do accept checks. Make checks payable to Clemson University and mail to: Renee Lyons, Clemson Science Outreach Center, Dean’s Office, 132 Long Hall, Clemson, SC 29634-0314. Please include the name of the coordinating teacher, school and date of the reservation with the payment.