In this lab students will:
- Collect quantitative data using a spectrophotometer.
- Prepare dilutions using micropipettes.
- Determine the wavelength of maximum absorbance for a specific dye.
- Determine solution concentrations.
- Analyze data by constructing graphs.
- Apply data and graphs to find an unknown value.
- Calculate the concentration of food dye in sports drink using Beer’s Law (AP, Honors).
- Calculate percent error (AP, Honors).
- Calculate the mass of dye in a sports drink (AP, Honors)
- C-PS4-5. Communicate technical information about how some technological devices use the principles of the electromagnetic spectrum to cause matter to transmit and capture information and energy.
|9:00 – 9:15||Arrive/walk to the lab|
|9:30||Start lab (up to 64 students)|
|11:30 – 12:00||Break for lunch (~1hr)|
|12:30 – 1:00||Start lab again|
|1:30 – 2:00||Depart|
*Schedule can be adjusted to meet your school’s needs